Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dinagyang Fever Here

DINAGYANg means merry making. Annually Iloilo City celebrates the said festival with excitement. After the New Year's eve we are looking forward to this event.

I remember during my elementary years, my eyes envy those grown up ladies that wears long beautiful dress,they are part of the contesting tribes. They look like mannequins in their no-sleep make up. As I understood they're prepare as early as 2am?

Aside from those beautiful ladies,people look forward also for food,candies,tetra pack juices being thrown by participating company's.

After the mass, you should look over your shoulder to be sure I'm still with my mom. I have to run and peek below those pants and legs to get a glimpse of the tribes making a barrage...my heart pounds so much because of the drums and excitement.

But this year, I was really dis appointed.No tribes inside the church and only few of them afterwards.It seems the tribes are their not to devote but to perform because of the tourism importance. I don't like it.And no more candies thrown, no mascots weaving.

I hope they will go back to old time style.....

No comments:

Post a Comment